Kernel error - multiple crashes

Tailgunner

REX worked well for a couple of days after install, but then, blue screen and 'Kernel error. Disc boot failure.'  I revived the PC with the disc 'Repair' option. Damage was/is restricted to FSX and FTX.  In both cases, all hard runways and other hard airport surfaces have turned black and/or with multicolour stripes. Grass surfaces still OK, at FTX Lilydale, Coldstream, Warnervale for example, and OZx Boonah or Old Bar. All default and add-on airports are affected: some have vanished, othesr been stripped of scenery.

I can keep Windows 7 running by fiddling with disc repair, and fly using a few airfields, but inevitably the PC keeps crashing, mostly with kernel error, sometimes 'unhandled exception.'

Any pointers to solving this would be much appreciated.

Posted Image

8)

Ok, no errors.  You might try replacing the data ribbon connecting the hard drive to the motherboard. I've had them get kinked and develop an intermitent

break in a wire, inside the plastic. Caused all kinds of strangeness. Discovered it when I went to replace the drive. It kept dissapearing completely from Windows. Assuming it's an IDE drive...

Luck

Sue

Archived