X Plane Problem Loading Orbx EGHI scenery

Hi

I have just purchased and installed the Orbx EGHI scenery. On X Plane startup I get a message "There was a problem loading the scenery package: Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/  The scenery may not look correct. Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.".

The following is found in the Log.txt file:

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins

Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.

I have attached the full Log.txt file also.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Brian

Log.txt

Hi Brian,

Looking at your log.txt, it seems that the GT plugin is having problems on your setup in general:

Custom Scenery/Airport LOWI Innsbruck/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Airport LOWI Innsbruck/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Airport ENZV Stavanger/plugins

Custom Scenery/Airport ENZV Stavanger/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Airport ENZV Stavanger/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins

Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGHI_A_Southampton/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Airport KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl/plugins

Custom Scenery/Airport KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Airport KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Airport KAVX - Catalina/plugins

Custom Scenery/Airport KAVX - Catalina/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Airport KAVX - Catalina/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Airport KLAX - Los Angeles International/plugins

Custom Scenery/Airport KLAX - Los Angeles International/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Custom Scenery/Airport KLAX - Los Angeles International/plugins/GroundTraffic/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Airport KLAX_v2/plugins

I found this post on the x-plane.org forum which might point you in the right direction:

SOLUTION found.  I had a plugin called XJET installed and has something to do with Airfoillabs.  Imbedded in Xjet plugin I found a copy of Java Runtime Environment.  I have no idea why a developer would provide something they clearly do not own or most likely do not have the distribution authorization.

When I am not flying I will try the plugin again with JRE removed and see if the groundtraffic plugin problems continue to be resolved.

Removing this plugin and restarting x plane 11 resolved all the GroundTraffic pluging loading problems.

I hope this helps.

Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried disabling the XJet plugin (using X-Organiser) and still got the warning. I then tried removing the XJet altogether from the Resources/Plugin folder but still get the message.

I have tried loading the simulator at LOWI (mentioned in the Log.txt) and that has no problems. Loads fine with no error messages. On relocating to EGHI, the error message reappears.

Around LOWI, I am using Orthophoto scenery and at EGHI I am using Orbx True Earth South. Don't know if this is relevant?

Thanks anyway

Brian

Hi Nick

Quite a mixed bag here.

LOWI, KAVX and KPHX work fine.

EGHI and ENZV have exactly the same error message.

KLAX has a different error message saying additional libraries are required.

KLAX and ENZV are payware and freeware add-ons respectively. If I disable them and revert to the X Plane default scenery the warning goes away.

Interestingly, in spite of what the Log.txt file implies, there is still ground traffic moving around at EGHI.

Not sure what all this tells us, of course.  :-)

Brian

Archived