Query about True earth

psk2449

I originally had MFS on an Windows 7 Computer and one of the scenery downloads I purchased was  "England". I subsequently bought a more powerful computer which has Windows 10 and switched to P3Dv4. I duly migrated my files successfully. I have just received an e mail advising of the England True Earth release specially for P3Dv4. This raises the question- is the scenery I see on my screen the FTX England scenery or the stock P3Dv4 version? Does the new True Earth replace the FTX one , overwrite it, or do I have to scrap my England scenery and replace it? The new product sounds just what I want as the UK is my favourite flying ground. I am a bit confused.

The scenery you have is the landclass based England.  It basically has textured ground that looks a bit (a lot) like the English countryside, along with accurate, coasts, roads and points of interest etc...….to be fair, I dumbed that down a bit, because I think it's really good!

True Earth England South is just that, true earth.  It's based on aerial photographs of England, so it is actually England.  The downside (for some it seems) is that TE England only has summer textures.

Archived