Still getting shimmers

meganser

Hi, I have been having problem with shimmers  so I added a second GTX Titan and both in sli mode. I still cant get graphic settings  all maxed without huge drop in framerates. It's as if I still only have one GPU. Anyone with any ideas that can help.

Regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

You do realize that article was from 2007 and isn't accurate anymore for something like X-Plane 11?  Both the new(er) hardware and the current X-Plane software coding have improved since then and made a lot of it untrue now.  Citing an 11-year old "recommendations" article is usually just providing bad advice.

Well, if that's what he said, then my apologies.  But if it's still true, then there is a lot of conflicting guidance that a new X-Plane 11 user will encounter (like me over the past few days since I purchased X-Plane 11).  And much of that conflicting guidance exits on the X-Plane forums/sites itself, and also in what the user is told in another X-Plane sponsored post about how to set you graphics sliders in the current X-Plane 11, and why (because of what is CPU vs GPU bound...it doesn't agree with the 2007 post).

If the link is still accurate, at least they should go update the posted date for it.  Seriously, how much should anyone trust a "guidance" post that is almost 12 years old and references GPU's that are even before the GTX era?  And was written when the software was 3 generations ago (or whatever version X-Plane was in 2007)?  If I do a search for advice about the CURRENT version of the software, I would hope I wouldn't have to rely on guidance that was posted 12 years ago about a previous version of the software.  That's bad site management when the "support" shown is dated 12 years ago, especially in our "hobby" because it most likely IS outdated then for the current software.  But having said that, it does exist on almost every flight sim site we can go to, so....whatever.  Guess we'll just keep the newbies confused doing that.  :D

Archived