ICAO Airport Designators in FTX Vector

Bazzer

Are there any plans to review and revise the ICAO airport designators in FTX Vector.

Over the years there have been several changes to these worldwide for example in Peru SPIM is now SPJC and in OZ Coffs Harbour was YSCH and is now YCFS.

These irregularities can have a significant effect on getting the correct airport/navdata into the FMS for flight operations.

Herve Sors tool corrects the designators in the default scenery but obviously cannot have any impact on 3rd party addons.

Regards

Ron Beaumont

Transaction i.d.: - 5bd97b4caa3e9.

Thanks Nick,

That's a shame but I realise it's a heck of a lot of work!

Problem I have is that all my FTX stuff is inserted above the default, but below my 3rd pary add-ons in the scenery.cfg and the software I use (Prosim737) picks that up first before the default when building the airport database and that causes issues when for instance you want to fly out of SPJC which defaults to the old SPIM designator and you get a "not in database" error message

There are ways around it of course but I am not sure they are legal.

The Coffs Harbour surprises me because ORBX still reference it as YSCH on the website. It hasn't been that designator for yonks. Old habits die hard I suppose!

Appreciate the comment regarding LM, but at least we have a way round their intransigence regarding accuracy of scenery. Thats why we buy ORBX!

Cheers Ron B

The Coffs Harbor thing is because all airport products are a "snapshot"

of how they were when the developer did the research.

It applies right across the product range.

They can't be anything else really, like a photograph, it can't be updated, only a new one taken.

If developers spent their time making free updates to their products every time there was a change,

there would be less time for new products and no income for them.

Archived