Airport in Southern California scenery outdated

karlz

Is there anyone who knows what the file would be called to edit the airport scenery that was written with the southern california scenery orbx has?

I have an airport that I was editing in ADE that was basic p3d scenery file,   and now if both run, its doubled up on towers, signs etc..  so it is using its own somehow.

If I turn off the ORBX scenery,  my infields look like black asphault now in p3d without it.  I really like the buildings they used in some spots,  but would like to update those too.

If anyone knows,  I would share my work back with ORBX, as I have the official ALP and signs and markings plan for that airport to make it exact

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  

I am trying to use Long beach Airport, KLGB.   The airport in the scenery file is very outdated, as they have gone through some geometry changes, and a renumbering of the runways.

I found the base file to edit that comes with P3D,  but if I use the so cal scenery, I get double images of two control towers etc, if I try to use the one I fixed.

Is there a way to find the airport file and edit it as I have with the P3d file in the ORBx data set?

I want to utilize the awesome scenery that ORBX has, and use the airport I rebuild KLGB.  If I run my file, and ORBX, I get duplicate control towers next to each other on field etc, graphical glitches.  I would give my airport edits to ORBX to be included, as I have done the geometry, and the signs and markings per the FAA Airport Layout Plan, and approved signs and markings plan.    

KLGB Long Beach Airport is the airport.  If I could used ADE on the ORBX airport file for KLGB, I could supply ORBX with the new geometry and signs, including the renumbering and shorting of one of our runways.

Karl

Archived