Tropic Textures with Season Label Text

kkessinger

Hello, hope all is well. First, thank you for all of your beautiful sceneries. Now on to the issue at hand:

I have recently reinstalled FSX Acceleration boxed and all add-ons for the first time in several (about 6) years. I initially purchased my ORBX products (all of Australia, NZ N and S Islands and several airports) from Flight Sim Store. I started installing my ORBX products using the installers downloaded all those years ago (the possible relevance of this will be evident in a moment). It was only during this process that I researched and found I could upgrade to FTX Central v3 and life would be much easier.

Now that all installs are complete and I can fly again, I have found that some areas that call tropical textures, such as areas of the Caribbean, have large colored text of seasons. I'm seeing the word "SPRING" in green text and "WINTER" in red text repeated throughout the region.

My research led me to the following post in the Flight1 UTX forums: https://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-tac-red-blobs_topic59245.html

The gentleman posting, though using P3DV4, was experiencing the exact same thing I'm seeing. In the post, he was directed to ORBX support and states that you guys were able to quickly identify and resolve the issue with the replacement of an older file in his ORBX installation. I am hoping that my issue has the same cause.

I have not included screenshots because the post on the Flight1 forums has them (might as well save room on your servers).

Thank you in advance for your help. Please let me know if you need any additional information. And thank you again for the amazing add-ons.

Sincerely,

Kail Kessinger

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

If the correspondent on the other forum is correct, then please try placing the attached file into

Scenery\BASE\Scenery and let it overwrite.

If you owned FTX Global Base, then reinstalling it would also solve the problem.

If it does, please keep the file, as FTX Central may well overwrite it when next run.

lclookup.bgl

Yep, that did the trick. I stored the file you provided away for safe keeping. Thank you so much for the excellent support! Have a wonderful evening (well, it's evening where I am anyway).

Now back to the virtual skies for me!

Sincerely,

Kail Kessinger

Archived