Pea Green Airport Backgrounds! Help

I purchased the Orlando Cityscene  product and installed without issue.  I live in Orlando so was really looking forward to this product.  Load times were a bit long but not too bad, scenery looks beautiful but performance hit was a bit high on my system.  I have UTX USA (sorry ORBX)  and P3Dv4.4 and all seemed to work together well.  After trying to adjust for performance I decided to remove the Orlando CityScene (perhaps when I get a better machine).  Started by just unchecking in my scenery library and I noticed that ALL my stock airports (checked randomly all over the world) now had a pea green background (see pic).  Did an uninstall of the Orlando Cityscene, deleted Prepar3d.cfg and terrain.cfg files, tried different seasons and nothing seems to get rid of this awful background. 

I previously purchased ORBX HD trees and this is the only scenery I have from ORBX.   Any help resolving this would be appreciated!   Really a bummer.

Greg

KMCO Pea Green.jpg

Hello,

I have checked the installation process and it adds nothing outside the ORBX folder.

The uninstallation process removes every file.

I wonder if FTX Central has changed the parameters of your competing and incompatible product?

Can you reinstall it and/or check its settings?

Nick,

Thanks so much for responding.  

I uninstalled and reinstalled UTX and unfortunately no change.

A few more details...

When I first uninstalled the Orlando CityScene the result was black airport backgrounds (or what kind of looked like a night texture - see pic below). I decided to install the Orlando city scene scenery a second time and also deleted the terrain.cfg and prepar3d.cfg files (i had seen other posts indicating that sometimes resolved similar issues) and restarted P3d and that's when I saw the pea green backgrounds on airports outside of the Orlando area - progress but not a very good texture.  I then uninstalled Orlando CityScene a second time to see if that would clear it up and it didn't. 

I also noticed in the FTX central, a request to add a migration feature which I did before installing CityScene the second time.

I know, a lot of factors to consider.   Any ideas of why the airport background texture would change like this in such a universal way would be appreciated.  

i am hoping to avoid the last resort of a reinstall of P3Dv4

KMIA black.jpg

Just an update for anyone who might have a similar problem.   Reinstall of P3dV4 fixed the problem as can be seen in the screenshot below.    I also cherry picked scenery from the download and added things like the new MCO scenery (screenshot below) as well as many of the awesome buildings in the regions to "spice up" my Orlando scenery.  Well worth the investment in my opinion, though clearly not nearly as good looking as the full install.

Re performance, just my experience, load times were about 2 min as opposed to one with the full install.  Performance was acceptable if I turned the autogen and other sliders to the normal range and turned off building, vegetation, and object shadows.  The problem for me was just that the scenery around the Orlando cityscene was too spartan.   Just my opinion, but others may feel differently.  

Best

Greg

Slide2.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Archived