Roads

hutch3184

Hi,

just wanted to be sure that roads in my FTX are displaying properly, as they seem to look very blurry to me.  Here is a screenshot of Nepean Hwy:

Posted Image

Of course, if that is correct, then so be it, but just wanted to be sure.  Just let me know if you need any more info as I'm new to this.

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome. Try this. Go into the FSX Settings menu and under the Scenery Tab move the Texture resolution slider all the way right to 7cm. The ground textures will remain at 1-m resolution but the vector textures (roads, railroads, shorelines, etc.) are all in 7cm resolution and should now show at much more detail.

Thanks for your quick reply Buzzm.  I tried your suggestion and it's helped it a bit, at least I can see white lines on the roads now! 

Posted Image

The speed of my computer may be hampering it though, I've got a AMD 64 4000+, 7800GT, 2Gig Ram.  Maybe it's time for an upgrade.

Your Anisotropic filtering is not set correctly, which will result in blurries. Ensure that the filtering option is set to Anisotropic and that you setup your FSX options as per my guide in the user manual. There are also some tweaks posted in the FAQ section of this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Again, check that your anisotropic filtering is set to AFx16 both in your graphics card control panel and also enabled as the filter in FSX.

Also, the road textures are actually 7cm/pixel, so if you drag your texture resolution slide in FSX to 7cm they will appear much crisper. Changing that slider will not impact the performance of the sim.

Archived