Black autogen roofs, only in Brazil.

RFlint

The majority of the autogen in the eastern part of South America seems to be missing roof textures, causing them to just show as black voids. May be an issue in other parts of SA as well, but so far it really only seems to be the likes of Brazil and Argentina. I've disabled all addons in South America as well as others that may affect the area, verified files in FTX Central, and reverted to a backed up autogen folder. Nothing will cure the problem and it seems like it's probably only a handful of missing textures or corrupt definitions. Looking for a fix or some way to troubleshoot and pinpoint the issue. Autogen seems fine in every other part of the world.

Tried a few more things:

- Installed a fresh copy of P3Dv4.4 on my other machine and copied the autogen folder from that to my sim PC. Ran FTX Central afterwards.

- Tried bringing over fresh textures from other PC

- Deleted Orbx libraries and reinstalled.

- Reinstalled Global

- Reinstalled South America LC (just in case?)

- Refreshed shaders

- Tried a new p3d.cfg file.

No luck. Out of ideas.

Here's a screen shot of the issue. Maybe somebody knows of the exact definitions to look for, textures, etc? Like I said, it's only the eastern part of South America.

vWP7j1I.jpg

Hey Nick,

Indeed the issue was in the texture folder. The specific roof file must have been overwritten by an older addon somehow, as it was in .bmp format. Replacing it with the original fixed it. Tried so many ridiculous things to correct this and of course, it was so simple.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Hi, would you mind saying which file it was? I'm having the same problem.

Thank you,

Drumond

EDIT:

Located the file. As future reference to anyone in need:

<p3d folder>\texture\roof_South_America_East.dds, was getting overwritten by a .bmp version.

As per RFlint, return the .dds file to this folder and the problem is solved.

Drumond

Archived