4AK5 in Global Vectors and Global Airports

DaveyM

Hi.

I've just installed Global Vector and several Regional sceneries (that irresistible discount...). Being new to P3D I have a handful of questions -- it's a big step from the old familiar FS9. Only two of them in this post though as they're both seen at the same airfield.

First question: Global Vectors and Global Airports both have a version of Mankomen Lake 4AK5. The Global Airports version is more detailed so I'd like to keep it but the cvx file seems to have been created for the stock LWM, which puts a lot of trees in the lake.

Stock scenery only, note the LWM:

RJbBq6f.jpg

Global Vectors with Global Airports:

cInqqEr.jpg

ADE_FTX_FTXG_4AK5_CVX.bgl disabled but loses also flatten & other background:

gvdYHM6.jpg

As the airfield is just outside the Southern Alaskan region, is it possible to edit a cvx file? Or to place a second cvx containing an exclusion in a higher layer?

Second, is this soggy forest floor caused by P3D interpreting absolute black in the texture as water? I guess this is from the Global Base pack.

Xz98vai.jpg

Nice parking, huh?

Thanks very much.

D

Hi there,

In the FTX Vector Configurator panel, on the Water Features page, uncheck the "Frozen Surface" option, which should get rid of the issue with the autogen trees in the water.

Good guess on the black pixels getting interpreted as water. However, I thought this had been fixed by L-M in recent updates to v4. I checked the airport in my 4.4 and didn't notice them in either Global Base or Base plus openLC NA; see screenshots.

Cheers, Holger

Global Base NA at 4AK5 in P3Dv44.jpg

Global Base plus openLC NA at 4AK5 in P3Dv44.jpg

Holger, many thanks for such a prompt reply.

It was indeed the frozen water. I'd selected open water for the applicable regions but had entirely overlooked the Global Vector configuration tool.

OKJPCGr.jpg

The black pixel thing seems to clear up as I get closer so it's not enough of a problem to push me into updating from P3D 4.3 to 4.4. Maybe when I have a better idea of how I want everything set up.

Anyway, thanks again and... Happy New Year!

D

edit-- and looking at your screenshot I have to buy Open LC NA now, too :)

Archived