The "Rose diaries" (week of Feb, 1st)

HercFan

Here is the first installment of the "Rose diaries", a little weekly package of some of the sights me and Rose got to see in the past week (Feb. 1st).

Got to visit a few nice gems in NSW, in wine country and the area east of Cessnock.

Coming into Elderslie (on the other side of the Hunter River); followed by fly-over and final to land

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Real nice OZx field now: Maitland. Could have stayed there longer (especially with the pool right in front of the clubbouse). This one is due East of Cessnock, along the Hunter River again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then it was some flying around the coast and in the nice valleys inland on my way to Old Bar. Here's an fly-over of Old Bar, and an approach shot (yes, long approach, as I always do when landing at an unknown field... with trees... and a cross wind!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you’re still there, I may catch up with you for a joy flight. LOL

;D ;D ;D Better hurry up. I am heading back to Cessnock in the morning (but I am sure I could find time to at least give a ride to your wife  8) with a bonus landing on the beach with the tundra tires!!)

I love flying in that part, at this moment, when all I see outside is snow, ice and -20 celcius!!

Archived