Caloundra Heli Tour

steve31000

I bought Caloundra last weekend and it is truly incredible scenery - I highly recommend it. Check out the video below. After installing Catalyst 10.1, I get 35/35fps (where my fps limiter is set). Fraps caused me to loose some frames (this video was made with Catalyst 9.12. 10.1 seems to run slightly better with Fraps). Be sure to select 1080p/720p.

I'm using an i7 920 @4ghz, ATI 5870, 6gb RAM. Enjoy your tour!

Steve

Thanks guys. I think Bob is a great idea. Its great to be able to explore the scenery from ground level. The detail Orbx puts into the scenery is breathtaking  and worth seeing up close. I especially love the sounds that have been added around the town. It adds greatly to the sense of immersion. I'm hoping for Bob on skis from PNW 8)

Steve

Nice video. And some very nice water settings in there.

Good that you are getting good results with the 10.1 Catalyst. I had to roll back to an older version to solve a blurries issue (long thread in the support forum).

Believe or not, after more than 20 years of flight "sinning" I tried FRAPS for the very first time last night!!

Just to see how it worked actually. Could be fun, but I think TrackIR would be a must to make nice material.

BTW, be careful with that overspeeding in the R22!!!

Archived