FTX Central 3 can't find sim

Hey!

I recently bought a new SSD for just my flight sim. So I uninstalled all my addons and the game and then reinstalled p3d on my new SSD. However when I open my FTX Central 3 it takes me to the XP-11 page, I don't own that game. Normally it lets me choose between P3D or XP-11. How do I uninstall the FTX Central 3 so I can install it on my new drive?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

FTX Central requires certain things to be in place to see which simulators are installed.

It cannot see a simulator that is not installed, therefore you must have at least the remains

of an X Plane installation, if you don't own it, perhaps you once tried the demo?

X Plane stores a file named  x-plane_install_xx.txt in the appdata\local folder which refers to

wherever your remaining X Plane installation is. The xx will be whatever version you installed.

To see P3D FTX Central requires that there is a registry entry which points to a folder with Prepar3D.exe in it.

If properly used, the P3D installer creates this.

FTX Central does not need to be reinstalled but you will need to either run P3D or reinstall

the P3D client only to create or restore the correct registry entry.

Archived