Cross platform install missing png

StarTux

I am currently experiencing this issue:

"Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:03:42.526 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a310xfb20x17M.ter
0:03:42.526 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:03:42.526 E/SYS: | ../textures/1460x1f60M.png
0:03:42.526 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:254)
0:03:42.526 E/SYS: +--------------------------------------------------------------------------"

I see a 1450x1fb0M.png preceding 1460x1f70M.png, but no 1460x1f60M.png which should probably be in-between. Running the Linux decompress tool, and this is with a second download. I didn't try the same with the folders under _MACOSX yet.

Thanks for supporting Linux :).

Thanks Tony, got past that one and encountered another one, "

01:26.665 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../textures/a350xfb50x17.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/'.
0:01:26.665 I/SCN: DSF load time: 3034757 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-005.dsf (324001 tris, 312 skipped for -11.6 m^2)
0:01:42.236 I/SCN: DSF load time: 5328238 for file Custom Scenery/ zzz_hd_global_scenery4/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-007.dsf (1309698 tris, 16 skipped for -69.2 m^2)
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a350xfb50x17M.ter
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: | ../textures/a350xfb50x17.dds
0:02:59.803 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:168)"

I have reached out to the Linux thread on the Org to see if anyone else has given it a shot. GB South worked, so not sure what's up here. I know it will be worth it in the end when flying the JF Hawk through Wales. 

I am currently running the scenery from under the _MACOSX section, although not expecting much difference. Nothing has jumped out, such as case sensitivity.

EDIT: Checking the Zip, everything is there as far as I can tell (the last error is actually helping). 

OK, something wrong with the zip file, going to try another download. I see the missing dds in the zip file, but it won't extract and I tried preview in Ark and it says it cannot load, so as a control I tried preview with a couple of dds's that had extracted and Ark was able to preview them fine.

Size of the download is 15.3 GB

Which Linux distro are you using? The problem is that we couldn't include binaries for every distro out there, so it's a bit of manual work on this platform to get it working.

Try extracting them from the command-line using "unzip". e.g. "unzip -Cv file.zip". Use the "verbose" option just to see information about what's being extracted. I've not used Linux for many years (I'm on Mac OS X), but I'm sure it's standard on those systems as well.

The zip file contains all the images to be converted into DDS. Once it has been extracted, there is a convert script in the directory that will convert all the jpeg images to DDS using imagemagick (You'll need to have this installed using "apt-get install" or "yum install" or whatever it is now :)). This can take some time, but eventually the directory expands out to around 80GB. If you get stuck send me a PM and we'll step through it together.

21 hours ago, tonywob said:

Which Linux distro are you using? The problem is that we couldn't include binaries for every distro out there, so it's a bit of manual work on this platform to get it working.

Try extracting them from the command-line using "unzip". e.g. "unzip -Cv file.zip". Use the "verbose" option just to see information about what's being extracted. I've not used Linux for many years (I'm on Mac OS X), but I'm sure it's standard on those systems as well.

The zip file contains all the images to be converted into DDS. Once it has been extracted, there is a convert script in the directory that will convert all the jpeg images to DDS using imagemagick (You'll need to have this installed using "apt-get install" or "yum install" or whatever it is now :)). This can take some time, but eventually the directory expands out to around 80GB. If you get stuck send me a PM and we'll step through it together.

PM sent :)

Archived