FTX FSX->X-Plane conversion

Auzy

Hey, I know already that there wont be any FTX X-plane textures (its already been said officially), however, I've seen programs out there that can convert FSX -> X-plane texture, so I was thinking about doing so with FTX to X-plane using one.

I want to know because X-plane also runs on OSX and Linux, so just wanna see if I can ditch windows entirely for flight simulation and switch 100% to linux.

Just wondering if anyone has already tried this or has done it before and how it turned out? Just curious (I still have a while before X-plane finishes reinstalling).

I gotta admit I forgot to read the EULA. I thought that since I wasn't going to distribute it (or provide instructions on how to do it), it would have been ok.

I only wanted to try it because I bought a few things for Xplane in the past, and when I'm in linux, it meant I didn't have to switch.

Either way, after playing Xplane for 5 mins, I remembered why I switched to FSX in the first place, and it never stood a chance getting converted either way (the conversion was error after error).

Thanks for the heads up, I wont try again. And either way, after playing Xplane for a while, i realised how weird some of the dynamics was.

• 2 years later...

Archived