FTX Central Error with FSX SE and Scenery does not show correctly.

Chris Bullas

I bought that latest England and Wales scenery for FSX SE yesterday.

I downloaded and installed FTX Central 3 from your website, installed it. Downloaded the scenery and installed that through FTX Central. I now get the attched error and it shouts down.

Before that I cannot access settings - it always gives me the cannot find scenery.cfg message, and the activating Orbx scenery icon in the bottom left never stops.

When I run FSX the scenery is blocky and I have water where I shouldn't have water and a mixture of tiles of original(?) fsx texture and what I would expect from Orbx.

This is with a fresh install of FSX SE which is in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX not in Program Files or Program Files (x86)

I'm on Windows 10 running on an Intel i5 6400 with 16GB RAM with a NVidia GTX960 with 2GB RAM.

I was quite excited now a bit disapointed. I'd welcome some help.

FTX Error.png

FTX Central1.png

ftxc3.log

FTX Central2.png

Thanks Nick. That’s installed now and I can now access settings without a CTD.

However, when I launch a flight in FSX I get transported to a remote hillside southwest of Knighton in the Welsh Marches and FSX  goes into a loop. If I have crash detection on then the aircraft (any aircraft at any requested start location) crashes. If crash detection is off then after a few seconds the simulator flight restarts loading in the scenery again and goes into an endless loop of doing so.

i tested the install etc on my laptop rather than the high spec desktop. The only difference I can think of is that steam is on a different (partition) drive to C: and there are no issues.

Any ideas?

Archived