New purchase, now CTD

Hi,

P3Dv4 has been very stable for me for a long time.  I have NZ North Island and South Island installed, along with Queenstown and Milford Sound.  

Yesterday I purchased and installed Gisborne, and now I get an immediate CTD once I have selected a default flight/aircraft.  As soon as I uninstall Gisborne the problem disappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karl

Hi Karl, welcome to the forums

First, Please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the swift reply.  Everything is up to date and the scenery installed OK, but I still get a CTD. 

In my scenery.cfg file/scenery library, NZGS sits right alongside NZQN and NZMF.  With NZGS installed and active, P3Dv4 crashes when I hit OK to load a default flight and aircraft (as before). 

If I edit the scenery.cfg and make NZGS inactive, P3Dv4 loads and runs OK.  With NZGS inactive, NZQN and other Orbx scenery seems normal. 

When P3Dv4 is running, as soon as I go into the scenery library and make NZGS active again, I get a CTD. 

Karl

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe thing to look at,

had this problem also on airport close to sea situated

where a sailing boat from simobject library ships caused this issue, 

seens that some simobjects don't have been recompiled suiteable for FSX/P3D.

took me 2 months to find out, because particalar  object only caused  this issue on certain times and season selected.

rgds.

Archived