serious ESNQ high altitude bug

polarbear

Doing a zoom climb and looking back at the airport I've noticed a very strange but unfortunately highly visible problem, it occurs just a tad below 30000ft and above.

That said, it's one of the very few really top sceneries with no popping up runways in the distance, no runway markings changing their color with increasing distance, no fuzzy runway markings.

A pilots dream :) It's nice to have great airport details but as a RW pilot the most important item is simply the runway and it's realistic appearance from a few miles out down to the touchdown. 

This problem doesn't appear at ESSV and ESSD. (the two other terrific airports!)

esnq_1.jpg

Hi,

I've been trying to replicate the issue and the only way for me to see it is if I choose top-down view and zoom out as far as I can.

When using spot plane I can't see the issue.

Did you use top-down view when taking the screens or do you experience this in spot plane view as well?

Spot plane:

610097991_Prepar3D2018-12-0209-53-23.thumb.png.d059542d768f4178f155a442841d6f73.png

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Marcus Nyberg said:

I've been trying to replicate the issue and the only way for me to see it is if I choose top-down view and zoom out as far as I can.

When using spot plane I can't see the issue.

Did you use top-down view when taking the screens or do you experience this in spot plane view as well?

I did encounter this problem in the VC view but in the meantime I have upgraded to P3Dv4.4 and presently I don't have any additional scenery etc. installed. 

I'll report when I've done so.

update.  Same problem with 4.4 (the markers don't show up very well on the screenshot, maybe due to the compression)

Another interesting problem is the ground shimmering during the approach. When taxiing on, or close to the surface you don't notice it, only when flying/approaching, the shimmering is noticeable.

It happens at within the marked red boundary on every surface except the hard apron surface.

Nevertheless, all three airports are superb and another big realism advantage is that these airport surfaces are the only one I've encountered so far which don't pop up on a short 3-4NM final. They keep the same visual appearance all the way in. Adds a lot the realistic immersion. :) 

esnq_2.jpg

esnq_3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the testing,

I'm not sure why the red boxes render for you but when we make a service pack I can just put them further down in the ground so they for sure won't pop up.

Not sure when we will make a service pack though but I'll put it on the list, :)

Merry Christmas!

Archived