Palm Springs P3d v4.3+ New Purchase: Falling Through Ground

rightseat

Hi gang, 

I just purchased Palm Springs, and there seems to be some problem with the scenery layers perhaps? My problem is that the airplane falls clean through the "ground" into a hole that is the same size and shape of the airport, but it's about 50-100 feet deep. 

Anything I might have missed? I installed via Ftx and had no issues.

Thanks,

Scott

Actually, now that I really look at it closer, it looks like it's just the aprons taxiways and the runways that are about 50 feet below the ground level, but the terminal and other buildings are up at the normal ground level. So, I don't "fall through the ground" like I thought, it's actually that all the areas I just listed are about 50 feet below the other terrain, and there are big slopes up to that level. It's like the AFCAD is sunk into the terrain by 50 feet. Perhaps I have a conflicting AFCAD?

Sorry for the confusion. :-)

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

Actually, now that I really look at it closer, it looks like it's just the aprons taxiways and the runways that are about 50 feet below the ground level, but the terminal and other buildings are up at the normal ground level. So, I don't "fall through the ground" like I thought, it's actually that all the areas I just listed are about 50 feet below the other terrain, and there are big slopes up to that level. It's like the AFCAD is sunk into the terrain by 50 feet. Perhaps I have a conflicting AFCAD?

Sorry for the confusion. :-)

KPSP requires an airport elevation correction by running Vector and its AEC tool.  Have you tried that?

Edit to add:  Good work!  Glad it's sorted.

Archived