ORBX KMRY Elevation Issue Question

joepoway

I want to know if there is a way to fix the elevation issue with Orbx KMRY if I don't have Orbx SCa region or Vector installed?

I do have Global and LC installed but even though I own SCa and NCa Regions they are too big a frame hitter so I do not use them.

I have read there is an airport elevation correction tool as part of Orbx Vector (which I do not own) and was wondering if there was a way to manually correct the airport elevation issue so I could use the airport with P3Dv4.3 and Orbx Global and Landclass which I have installed?

Please advise and Thanks in advance

Joe 

HI,

ORBX KMRY requires NorCal to be installed for the elevation to blend with the surrounding elevation.  If you own NorCal, then I suggest installing it, as only the mesh for NorCal will be required to ensure compatibility with the airport elevation.  You can just install NorCal and then disable the scenery not required in the scenery.cfg.  I use Scenery config editor which makes this very easy.  It is just a matter of ticking a few boxes.  You can also do this manually or through the simulator's own scenery.cfg UI.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

z4I6SvI.jpg

Cheers,

I did as you suggested but the mesh file didn’t fix the deep offset of KMRY. I experimented and found that the CVX file was what needed to be turned on not the mesh file. Could someone explain to me what is the difference in the files and will the activation of the CVX file by itself have much of a frame impact in Northern Ca or will it cause issues by having it turned on by itself. I also have Orbx Global and LC installed.

Thanks

Joe

I am bit surprised by this.  The CVX folder only contains things such as photoreal imagery and road traffic, railway lines etc.  It also contains autogen.

I would suggest you will just need to experiment to see whether it has much frame rate impact when selected as that will only be known using your system and setup.

Cheers,

Archived