KSEA ILS RWY 16C inop

Aviator64

As it says in the title.. aircraft can't receive the ILS for runway 16C at KSEA. I saw a similar thread on the forum from a couple of years ago but, unlike the person who posted that thread, I don't have any addons (like T2G) other than ORBX.

• ILS 16C uses the same frequency (111.7) as ILS 34C which works fine.
  • All other ILSs on the airport work fine.
  • Tuning the ILS 16C frequency when north of the field just gives "off" flags in the OBS. No Morse identifier is heard.
  • The only scenery addons I have in that part of the world are all ORBX - global base, LC, vector, and PNW.
  • I do have GSX but that is just jetways and airport vehicles and has nothing to do with runways or navaids.
  • The FSX built-in map correctly shows all three runways and the ILS frequencies for each.
  • I have verified/redownloaded PNW. No change.
  • This occurs even after a cold boot and starting the default flight at KSEA with the FSX default C172.

This does not appear to be an issue with scenery priorities. My FSX "Addon Scenery" directory is empty.

All I can figure is that this is somehow related to the FSX default KSEA having only two runways, where ORBX adds the third. Yet, 34C works properly.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I used to fly to KSEA and ILS 16L, 16C and 16R were all working. Yesterday on a 5nm final I tried to land on Rwy 16C, tuned in on 111.7 just fine, but the ILS did not work until I was on the threshold.

Only ORBX products installed.The last thing I did was update the Vector installation, since it was prompting me in FTX Central.

I did look at ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL, which is the shot Nick has above and comparing the ILS range for these three runways, they are set for 27nm.

The Dist Nm in Nick's shot I believe has to do with the distance of the object from the Airport center, but I might be wrong.

So there's gotta be something that interferes with the range of the ILS for runway 16C ONLY. No clue where to look elsewhere.

KSEA_ILS_16C.jpg

Archived