Is it possible to have no autogen trees with FTX mode on?

dwis0412

Order #3458

I'm suffering from poor frame rates over city areas (10-13fps) even after following the tweak guide in the forums, so I decided to play with no autogen trees or buildings and have modifed my fsx.cfg file with the following entries:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=0

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0

You may ask why don't I just turn the slider for autogen off and the reason is I would like to be able to see the the 3D lights.

When I fly with FTX mode off there are no trees but as soon as I turn it on trees appear in the sim. Buildings are non-existent regardless of FTX mode being on or off. I've searched the forums and I've been unable to find a solution for this problem. My apologies if I've missed it.

I was wondering if it is possible to have no autogen trees with FTX mode on?

Thanks.

Guest J van E

You might give a setting of 5 or 10 a try: I read somewhere 0 is not recommended. Don't know if that will solve the problem, but who knows!

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried various values in the 2 lines mentioned above but there are still many autogen trees.

I'm sure it's not just my install as I've tried it on 2 different computers. Is there any chance a member of the development team can comment on this?

Archived