KSAN - San Diego... FedEX plane at Passenger Gate

PVazquez

Hello,

I just purchased and downloaded and installed the FTX Global BASE Pack and KSAN Airport and I am loving it. I am going around in the F16 (or whatever it is) checking out the scenery and my AI traffic moving around and all of that and noticed a FedEx MD-11 at a passenger gate. Somehow I don't thing it is supposed to be there. Can someone help me fix it? or is that something that I have to wait for some kind of update later on?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

PVazquez

Here are some screenshots:

Qe2Is7R.jpg

fmLpd0K.jpg

This one too...

dtkxK2U.jpg

PVazquez,

There are a few things that determine where AI parks. It can get a little frustrating at some point. If you have an airport editor program like ADE, you can open the airport bgl file to see all the designated parking spots. If there are only a few spots that are given for FedEX cargo planes to park, your sim will look for the next available spot. The available spot also has to be the correct size for the given plan. 

Parking stalls can be set by airline ICAO code, type of gate (military, cargo, etc), and wingspan. If the larger cargo spaces are full in the cargo area, your sim will look for the next available spot the will fit. 

Becareful though. Tweaking your airports can become a hobby in and of itself. 

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions. 

Cheers,

Colin

Archived