AYPY ATIS and tower frequencies

wblackret

Good evening! Went flying last evening, out of AYPY heading to AYPO. Funny thing......tuned to ATIS, went to Ground and received clearance to taxi to 14R for my departure. After run up etc, tuned to Tower for take off clearance. Kept getting ATIS information. Noticed in the ATC window that both Tower and ATIS are listed with channel as 128.00. Checked Garmin 750......for airport (AYPY info). Tower frequency was listed as something different (forgot what it said). Tuned to that frequency manually.....nothing. Any suggestions here?

• Misha Cajic changed the title to AYPY ATIS and tower frequencies

Hi Tim, the GTN 750 was correct then (Tower 118.10- nothing when switched to) Is it as simple to check the APX as you did and simply edit it (how and what program is used)? Or is something else at work here? A little while back, I was having an issue with the waterfall effects at Tapini and Emmo mission. As I recall , I was advised to delete the 3 programs involved in PNG, which I did and reinstall in a certain order (the order I do not recall). Fixed waterfall issues. Should I do this again?

( WIN 10, i7 950, GTX 750ti, 16gb RAM, FSX-SE, system runs fairly well)

Thanks for your reply.

Hi again,

24 minutes ago, wblackret said:

Is it as simple to check the APX as you did and simply edit it

We use ADE (Airport design editor) for these tasks, brilliant tool, be warned though its rather addictive :)

24 minutes ago, wblackret said:

Should I do this again? 

No, no need to do this

25 minutes ago, wblackret said:

Tower 118.10- nothing when switched to

I'll take a deeper look at this tomorrow and get back to you, I don't off the top of my head recall seeing this issue posted before

Thanks for your rapid reply Tim. I’ll wait to hear from you. Like the other night, if it happens again, I’ll just look left and right for traffic on runway, and just take off anyway. By the way, when I did that, no controller broke in to tell me I had not been given clearance for take off. Seems I recall that this will occur in FSX-SE.

Hi again,

How are you accessing your ATC? via the ~ key in FSX and using the default ATC menu?

I loaded up the default FSX AYPY and had a clash with the ATIS and Tower on the same freq talking over the top of each other, but after installing Orbx AYPY the issue no longer happens

I’m accessing via a programmed yoke button (CH yoke- left fore grip), then make my selections in the ATC menu with my mouse. I also have Active Sky for FSX-SE, which gives the ability to tune weather/ ATIS by radio. I rarely use that function though. What is strange to me that while at AYPY, the radio frequency for Tower and ATIS birth show 128.00 in the ATC menu. Hope this helps Tim.

Ok Tim, however it may not be until tomorrow evening. Getting ready to retire for the evening. My wife is having a medical procedure in the early morning. I’ll do the delete and reinstall, get in there and see what happens and report back to you here. Thanks for your time, from the other side of the world! You folks go out of your way at ORBX. It’s definitely appreciated.

Hi Tim, 

Deleted and reinstalled AYPY through FTX-Central. Made a couple test flights too. After each flight I exited FSX-SE and restated the flight sim. Each flight provided proper ATC interaction each time ATIS on 128.00 and TWR on 118.10. Guess a hiccup developed somewhere at some point. All good now. If it occurs again, I’ll know what to do. Thanks again for your time and direction. Much appreciated.

This thread can be marked “Resolved”

Archived