Northern Rockies KGPI Problem

orthi

Hi, I just bought the Northern Rockies and I ran into this problem in KGPI/KFCA. Before it worked (openLC NA, Vector). The airport is level and looks quite normal.

image.thumb.png.655696bcc4d0aaa8c379515180137de1.png

After installing Northern Rockies however it seems there are two airports layered ontop of each other and the taxiways are no longer usable. The only non orbx product I have installed is Freemesh X. Disabeling it does not fix the issue however. What could I be doing wrong or how could I go about fixing it? The airport is not in the vector elevation correction.

image.thumb.png.a939e0578f5d60e9f4ea7f651735594a.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers

orthi

Thanks

First, please apply the below procedure and recheck. Your Freemesh and FSAD entries are the 3rd party non Orbx entries that should be at the very top of your scenery library.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

I did a round of elimination testing. And it seems to be FS Aerodata is the culprit. It is also the one that renames KFCA to KGPI.

Without northern rockies everything seems fine. Disabling the scenery entries does nothing, but disabling the entire program makes the world look okay again. So I guess I have to see if FSAerodata have a solution.

There is no KGPI.bgl in my p3dv4 directory, only KFCA

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_Glacier_Park_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_Glacier_Park_Intl_CVX.bgl

in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY\Scenery

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_elevation_adjustment.BGL

in \Scenery\World\scenery

and APB_KFCA.bgl

in \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

So I'll have to figure this one out. I really love the updated nav aids and magnetic courses and your products. 

turns out it is the problem of the renaming of the airport KFCA to KGPI by FSAerodata. The easiest fix for now was to not update the ICAO identifiers in FS Aerodata.

I appreciate your quick help and getting my scenery.cfg in order.

Thanks

orthi

Archived