TrueEarth GB south ZL17??

Cyrex1984

If TEGB south is ZL17, why is the neighbourhoods and the sub areas so grainy and lowres? I had ZL16 with ortho4xp and with that i could easy see houses from above without autogen, but with orbx i cant see anything but grainy lowres textures even from 3000feet.

When designing TrueEarth regions we had to make design choices between ultra-crisp imagery versus a product delivery size. I agree that some textures are not totally crystal clear but when taking the whole 42,000 mile sq. region into consideration it is fairly easy to recognise every feature and landmark for VFR navigation.

Here is what I see at 900, 1500 and 3500FT. From my perspective this is perfectly legible and satisfying to fly over. Even with the bump map decal we apply I can make out the road textures and different bitumen/asphalt being used, people walking in the park and more.

900FT AGL

900ft.jpg

1500FT AGL

1500ft.jpg

3500FT AGL

3500ft.jpg

If your results vary greatly from those examples above, perhaps look at your video card settings and quality settings in XP11.

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

When designing TrueEarth regions we had to make design choices between ultra-crisp imagery versus a product delivery size.

I am loving XPlane TrueEarth, but am wondering if the zoom level is ZL17, which I believe equates to 1m/pixel. Been using it with my Oculus Rift and it works great. Cannot say enough good things about this scenery.

Archived