Missing DDS files - TrueEarth Great Britain South

Adrian Tan Kar Yin

Hi Guys,

FTX download TrueEarth Great Britain South and was stuck in the installing mode for a long time. When I closed it and tried loading up London Gatwick or London City airport, Xplane crashed on me. Error log shows missing DDS.

0:01:41.715 I/SCN: DSF load time: 12404613 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+52-002.dsf (0 tris)
0:01:41.808 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../textures/a830x10020x17.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/'.
0:01:41.827 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../textures/abd0xfe10x17.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/'.
0:01:41.957 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../textures/a6e0xfe60x17.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/'.
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/ab90x10000x17.ter
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: | ../textures/ab90x10000x17.dds
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:146)
0:01:47.598 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are the DDS files missing on my installation? I am running another download (which means another 3-4 hours wait). Is this the only way to fix this problem or is there a simpler and faster fix?

Regards,
Adrian

I tried verifying but it said all was good to go. So it didn't detect that I was missing DDS files.

No DDs files exist in the Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures folder. Only JPG files were there.

Would have been great if I could just extract the zip download again instead of having to tax our bandwidths. I did set it to download for some manual installation later. Hope that helps to retain a local copy.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

evidently the conversion process has not taken place.

Try deleting or renaming one of the jpg files and run Verify files again.

This should start the conversion process.

Will try this the next time it fails. I'm letting it finish downloading again for the time being. Almost done.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it does take a long time.

I would strongly recommend that you leave FTX Central completely alone

until it notifies you that the product is installed and up to date.

Only then has it finished the installation.

I'll let it run overnight then and see where it takes us tomorrow. thanks Nick for the assistance.

Don't have much luck here Nick. I had to restart the process and I did this twice. Both times I'm getting an error as per screenshot.

The error comes after EXTRACTION then INSTALLATION and then right when it reachces 27.35 Installed, the pop up shows (I am running FTX Central as Administrator)

I think I've had enough for the day. Hope to get some good news tomorrow. Perhaps an update of the installer is required!?

abc.jpg

10 hours ago, anfield1892 said:

but not for all.i have running verify.first 8gb than 4 than 2 and then at last another 25 gb

No luck on my side. Trying all sorts without luck. I am wondering whether it was because I am on Windows 10 and I didn't have the .net feature enabled. I see minimum requirement is 4.5 but when I enabled 4.7.2 (since I can't uninstall it or re-install version 4.5 or 4.6), it still doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me if FTX is it compatible with 3.7.2?

14 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the problem is under investigation and as soon as there is a solution, it will be made available.

Thanks Nick. Looking forward to perhaps trying a newer release of FTX. Meanwhile, after doing numerous downloads and re-starting the program without luck, I found a work around by downloading the DDS converter from https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/39631-very-fast-dds-conversion-solution/ . After running it in the texture folder where all the JPGs & etc were, I got them all converted to DDS and the sim loads up fine. Am currently testing the scenery now. Looks good so far.

Archived