Gb South install, now laminar default airports not working, like heathrow and gatwick

Praetorias

Hi

you will see from this other forum page and the posts i have made there that the installer does not place priority correctly and even after editing, heathrow and gatwick do not work well now.  Prior to placing the following updated priorities i had no airports being on top of the new orbx scenery.Capture3.png

where orbx gb a, b, c are now in order and below global airports with landmarks - london also above.  This brought back the default airpots but they now look a mess.

Heathrow:

1956871265_exampleissues.png

Gatwick

100203504_exampleissues2.png

You can see the dodgy grass, taxi ways and buildigs going through.

i had all this in the below link but hought should post on this support forum too.

how can i fix this?

Ref: 

The problem is that these default London airports don't seem to have facade exclusions created so some of them are conflicting with generic buildings in TE. It's fixable if you know how to use WED by just adding in a facade exclusion over them (however I imagine most people won't know how do do this).

I'll get in touch with LR to see if we get the airports patched with exclusions for the upcoming 11.30 release, or at least make a download available in the meanwhile to fix them.

Hi,

I am the scenery artist that made Heathrow (EGLL) in the first shot. I must say that everything on the picture and the circled areas look perfectly normal for me. This is the way the surface areas were at the time I made the scenery, and what you can see is the underlying orthophoto were no taxiway surface exists. You can check the google earth image of Heathrow to verify this.

The Gatwick airport is another problem, here SouthGB generated facades that "double" the existing terminal structures. Usually the exclusion zones of an airport would suppress this, but sometimes the artists forgets to add them - and its hard to catch that mistake, because usually there ARE NO facades inside the airport perimeter. So the long-term solution will be to add exclusion zones to those airports.

I am talking to Tony for a possible "easy to install" fix (I am somewhat of a liason to Laminar on default airports). If you are adept with WED, you can easily do this yourself, if you don´t want to wait:

1.) Import the problem airport into WED (open WED, make new airport, use the option "import from Scenery Gateway", pick latest recommended version from the list)

2.) Use WED to add facade exclusion zone over the problematic areas

3.) Set export target in WED to X-Plane 11

4.) Choose "Export Scenery Pack"

You will now have a "custom" airport in your Custom Scenery folder, which looks exactly like the original default airport, but since it is sitting "above" the South GB package AND has exclusion zones, it can suppress the unwanted facades.

Cheers, Jan

I don't use WED whatever that is, I think I will just close down Gatwick and not use any airport that looks like a shopping complex has been built across the apron.   I updated the file as per other recommendations so think in terms of that part it is correct, I THINK, bah, little fed up now.

Capture4.JPG

Archived