TE GB South technical question

Admiralty013

Hello all, So i'm lucky enough to have more Hard drive space than sense and am considering getting this,  My technical question is this. Since I have all available V4UHD and HD mesh installed how well does it play with the pack, I'm planning on removing the V4 stuff in the area that this covers since i won't need it, but wanted to know if any issues with the V4 UHD/HD mesh have shown up where they meet.  And if there is a list of tiles it covers so i can preemptivly pull the "conflicting" tiles out out of the V4 files.   Thanks for any and all help/information!

You won't save that much space by doing so, maybe about 200MB or so, so it's probably not worth the effort removing it, and in fact it's completely unnecessary. As long as TE South is installed correctly and has a higher priority than HD/UHD mesh then you won't have any conflicts or issues as X-Plane can only have one mesh active per tile and they don't conflict with each other

hi Tony

That really doesn't answer what I was asking, Given that the whole UK V4 download is 906 MB i'm aware that the current size won't be much, howver I'm also looking ahead. that two hundred MB repeated several times over will add up. Given i've got about 2.5 TB of ortho, and it will go up with things like this you can see why i do it. I've got my mesh in order, my ini in order as well.  So the question remains, Does a list exist of the mesh files that it replaces, and has anyone had issues with it and V4 Mesh?  if not I can do it by hand if needed but I was hoping to get a head of the power curve while it downloads. 

Thanks

Archived