The final cut - CS130A Buffalo Airways - 1 Weathered, 1 Metal

Old Archie

There is "weathered" that looks unreal and badly done and there is "weathering" that looks real.

Yours looks real, great Job Dale.

One small thing and its only my thoughts ofc is the metal one might look better with the tail also meltal, just looks a little odd, The bull logo only might work well felt as it is. Just a thought, but the weathered one looks top class :)

Second thoughts

on the metal one how about making the tail blend better with the body by making the bottom and all areas that touch the body metal, the line of colour seems to sharp for a trashed old paint job.

Hi Guys,

I have to give you a bit of history on this paint.

About a year ago when I first got the CS130 I 'needed' a bush basher to fly into all the Outback RFDS fields Ken Hall did for OZX. So I slightly altered the original CS130 bare metal scheme from the 60's.

A month or so ago Dale asked me what came of that paint and I was honest and said 'not much but if you want to work on it yourself here are the files'. Dale said, thanks I'll give it a bash'. To be honest I hadn't really done much to begin with and looking at what Dale's done here I can safely say I have about .0000001% input in these paints.

Credit where credit is due, I felt it really important to make this crystal clear because Dale has done an AMAZING job, it is very inspiring. Well done mate and I am *really* looking forward to whatever you come up with next!

Take a bow!  8)

A word of warning... soon you'll be painting more than flying! (if your not there already!) Hehehehehe...

Cheers

Butch

Hi Guys,

I have to give you a bit of history on this paint.

About a year ago when I first got the CS130 I 'needed' a bush basher to fly into all the Outback RFDS fields Ken Hall did for OZX. So I slightly altered the original CS130 bare metal scheme from the 60's.

A month or so ago Dale asked me what came of that paint and I was honest and said 'not much but if you want to work on it yourself here are the files'. Dale said, thanks I'll give it a bash'. To be honest I hadn't really done much to begin with and looking at what Dale's done here I can safely say I have about .0000001% input in these paints.

Credit where credit is due, I felt it really important to make this crystal clear because Dale has done an AMAZING job, it is very inspiring. Well done mate and I am *really* looking forward to whatever you come up with next!

Take a bow!  8)

A word of warning... soon you'll be painting more than flying! (if your not there already!) Hehehehehe...

Cheers

Butch

Wow, thanks mate, thats a big call coming from you!  I better change the readme with the repaints because I gave you all the credit!!  :D  I'll never get to the expertise that you have mate, I'm just a 'dabbler' and happy to be that way, I still like to fly!

Just uploaded to OzX, should be available by tomorrow.  Thanks for the feedback Dave, I had already packaged her up, but I will keep tinkering with the bare metal one and see what I can come up with and I'll upload that as well.  Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.  ;)

Archived