ESSV: Floating textures

lorby-si

Hello @ll,

I am having a strange issue at ESSV: the ground textures with runway/taxiway marks and the 3D grass are floating a couple of feet above the ground, practically at eye height.

I have disabled all other elevation products and searched through the scenery library for conflicting files for this airport, but everything seems to be in order.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

1 hour ago, lorby-si said:

Hello @ll,

I am having a strange issue at ESSV: the ground textures with runway/taxiway marks and the 3D grass are floating a couple of feet above the ground, practically at eye height.

I have disabled all other elevation products and searched through the scenery library for conflicting files for this airport, but everything seems to be in order.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

Hello @ll,

sorry, my problem seems to be more severe than I thought. Since running the latetest FTX updates and adding the ESSV-package, all water-landclass is gone, and I have that floating photo texture problem everywhere. Not even disabling all of ORBX solves that, so I will start reinstalling the sim from scratch now.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

50 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Uh.. Sorry to hear about the issues. :(

Let us know if the problem persists after reinstalling.

Hello Marcus,

yes, the problem persists after a simple uninstall-reinstall (of the whole simulator - P3D V4.3-, not just a module), even when all addons have been disabled.  

Only a "clean" reinstall (after disabling P3D folders in ProgramData, AppData plus \Scenery and \Texture in P3D itself) brought back at least the default scenery. I will reactivate the addons now, see where that takes me. Starting with a reinstall of ORBX, which will take a while.

I honestly don't know if the ORBX updates/Swedish package have anything to do with this. But I usually keep all my addons outside of the simulator folders if I can, so that doesn't leave a lot of "culprits". Only other thing that I did was to switch the Vector lights to "day" mode. 

I will let you know how this works out.

Best regards

Archived