AU fsx install removes default scenery & view

Jasmckee

Hi Guys,

getting back into flight sim after a long break, i have got P3dv4 and FSX (mainly as i cannot afford to upgrade the pmdg 737, and others to P3Dv4, yet) and have got a weird problem when i install AU into fsx.  I have installed the NZ NI & SI with out a problem and a test flight confimrs they are working as expected.  i installed AU and then went to do a test flight after restarting the pc, when you open FSX, the opening screen has no aircraft in the preview box and there are only the NZ and AU regions in the airport selection.

Select an airport and load a flight you only get the VC with a blue sky screen and no scenery or anything else,  i have removed and then reinstalled which fixed the problem until i reinstalled the AU scenery again,

Anyone able to give me some guidance, 

thanks

Jason

PC Asus z97 Armour intel 17-490

8GB Ram Nvidea GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 2GB

update, you can close this one off, not sure why but it has installed ok for the third time, and everything is working again, the only thing i have done differently was installed fsx in a non default path (c:/program files(x86)/Flight Simulator X, and then tested after install, i then installed au from a manual download via FTX Central and then updated the libraries.  so not sure why but everything is working again and i have got all the orbx goodness back.  very strange.

Archived