Black Squares FSX:SE

Andyh1302

Hello folks, just joined and have a problem.

I have bought the global base pack and have encountered the black squares problem which i can't find a solution to. 

I am running FSX:SE on a fairly new Chillblast machine and the operating system is Windows 10.

Now before anyone chimes in with "uncheck DX10 preview" that is NOT an option, Windows 10 will not allow me to install DX9 (believe me I have tried)  and if i do uncheck DX10 preview the sim looks worse than FS98, horrible and totally unusable. All I have found online so far is to buy a shader/fixer program for another 20 quid from a different developer. Definitley not going to do that. to be honest if this had been stated as a possible problem from the start on the website i would have just moved along and put up with the default scenery.

After exchanges a few weeks back with ORBX on twitter (Aimee?) I was told a free fix is availible for this problem. It's taken a while to get round to this as work and life (son's A level results) got in the way.

I really hope this issue can be resolved, the scenery looks great and I want to continue using it and maybe buy more addons.

Thanks for reading

Archived