Meigs Failure Clues

levindp

There may be some clues for why Meigs crashes FSX SE on my laptop after it is 80% loaded as an airport on the free flight menu.

My system is:

Dell XPS 15 9560
7th Generation Intel(R) Core(T M) i7-7700HQ Quad Core Process or (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
15.6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 ) InfinityEdge touch display
32GB DDR4-2400MHz)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5

I sent my laptop to Dell for repairs.  Dell reinstalled my operating system, Win 10.  I am now re-installing my program and data files.  I tried to re-install Meigs, using FTX Central 3.  I got two error mesages.

First, I got a series of error messages.  The message repeated with additional files with similar names.  The message included "Cannot copy file...."  A screenshot is attached as Meigs-0001.pdf.

Second, at the end I got a message, which stated "If you are continuously seeing this "retry download" message for a single product, please take a screenshot of this message and post if on the forum... "  A screenshot is attached as Meigs-0000.pdf

Do these clues give anyone ideas as to why I cannot why I cannot fly in the hometown of my youth?

Thank you,

David Levin

Meigs-0000.pdf

Meigs-0001.pdf

No joy.  I joined fastlane, updated FTX Central, changed the Temp directory, re-installed, and used the verity files feature to check that the files were there and up to date.  I also set every slider and setting  in FSX SE to minimal and every setting in FTX Central Meigs control panel to minimal.  Still crashed FSX SE on loading Meigs.

I believe the issue, since I purchased Meigs in January,  is due to my legacy FSX setup.  I became tired to doing a total FSX re-install after every time Steam wrote over my FSX directory.  I have had FSX since it came out on disk and I have many, many add-ons.  So, I made a back-up copy of my FSX directory.  Now when I re-install FSX, I let Steam do an install, then I copy and paste my old files from my FSX directory, plus from my old C:\programdata, appsdata\local, and appdata\roaming.  I think there is likely a incompatibility between some legacy file and Orbx Meigs. 

I have a new approach for a solution.  Finding the incompatibility may be impossible.   I also have Areofly FS 2.  My interest in Meigs is solely for hometown eye candy.  I can abandon Meigs for FXS.  I can buy a second copy of Meigs for Areofly.  Before making the expenditure, do you have any other ideas for an FXS solution?

Thank you,

David Levin

Archived