EU Scotland & RAF Leuchars (EGQL)

neptune7

I just finished buying and installing EU Scotland. I started at my favorite RAF scenery, RAF Leuchars (EGQL). It works perfectly in my P3Dv4. However I now notice some modern building in and over my scenery hangars. OK - I'll just go into ORBX Scotland and disable the ORBX EGQL. Problem is that there is NO EGQL listed - and that is still the ICAO for the current RAF Army base at the same location. Anyone have an idea what is amiss here? Better still, how do I get rid of those ORBX generated buildings? Move over to Support?

Best to you all,

Bill 

Hi Dave,

I am looking in:_SCO_05.scenery\scenery. I scroll down to where "ADE_FTX_ENG_EGQL.BGL" should be (if it were a Scotland airfield modeled by ORBX) - but it's not there (only EGQM). If it's not an QRBX airfield (which I could remove), how do I remove the extra buildings that were NOT there prior to installing EU Scotland?  There-in is my question. I have MANY airfield entries in that location.

Regards, Bill

Hello,

simple logic would suggest that if you are seeing 

"extra buildings that were NOT there prior to installing EU Scotland"

then there are indeed Orbx files for this airport.

There are three, 

ADE_FTX_SCO_EGQL.BGL

ADE_FTX_SCO_EGQL_CVX.bgl

FTX_SCO_EGQL_objects.bgl

A search of the ORBX folder for EGQL will find them.

Hi Nick,

You are absolutely correct! It is totally user error. I have done this many times, but this time was not in Scotland, but thought that I was. Thank you for confirming the files location, because then I was very careful and found them. 

I do have another question (if you want me to submit on another topic I certainly will). I see very large wind turbines in a WWII era airport scenery. The ICAO does not exist today. The turbines were not present prior to ORBX. However, I have moved the airport scenery higher (lower number) in my Scenery Library than any ORBX item - so why is it that I continue to see them?

Best regards,

Bill

RAF Banff Wind Turbines etc.jpg

Archived