Orbx install question regarding P3Dv4.3

JNS

Hi. I already have a drive on my computer with Win 7 and P3Dv3.2.3 installed along with many Orbx products.  These Orbx products were purchased back in the day of FTXCentral or FTXCentral V2 and were manually downloaded from the FlightSimStore website.  I still have the original .zip files and their corresponding folders with the extracted files.   No migration was ever done with these files. 

I am now installing another drive on the same computer with Win 10 and P3Dv4.3 installed.  I would like to install the same Orbx products (and add to them) that I already have onto this new drive with P3Dv4.3.  Do I need to re-purchase everything (I hope not) OR can I install FTXCentral V3, run P3Dv4.3 once, and then open FTXCentral V3 again and point it to the extracted-files folders'  location and install from there?

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Jeff Smith

FTX: Global Open LC North America
Order Number: FSS0524487
Order Date: 2016-09-30

Nick, I've looked at the information you sent, but I'm not sure it covers my situation.  First, I do understand about creating an Orbx Direct account and transferring the licenses from the FSS to the Orbx Direct account.  Second, and I meant to clarify this in my first post, as I mentioned, my P3Dv3 system and P3Dv4 system are on two separate drives and I STILL want to retain the use of the P3Dv3 system in its current state with its current Orbx products. In addition to that I will have the new P3Dv4 system on the other drive.  Also, I'm trying to avoid using the migration process, if possible. 

With that said, I'm wondering if that will require the re-purchase of all my Orbx add-ons for the P3Dv4  system.  If it turns out that, as you said, I still don't have to re-purchase, then I would select the "Install from my manually-downloaded .zip" (these are the P3Dv3 .zip files that I already have) option to do the scenery install for P3Dv4, correct?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

to install products to P3D v4, you will need to transfer your product licences

from the Flight Sim Store to Orbx Direct.

The reason for this is that the Flight Sim Store installers not only do not recognise

P3D v4, they also do not contain all of the correct files for that simulator.

If you follow the guide, once you have transferred the product licences and installed

P3D v4 and FTX Central version 3, you will be offered a choice when you open FTX Central.

Choose P3D v4 and all your products will be available for installation into P3D v4.

You cannot use files downloaded from the Flight Sim Store with FTX Central or with P3D v4.

There is no "migration process" except perhaps in relation to the new files that you install

into P3D v4. You do not have to pay for any of this, there is no restriction on how many simulators

you install Orbx products into on the same PC.

As you describe it, your situation is typical, rather than exceptional.

Thank you very much.  I'll go for it and see what happens.  I appreciate the help and the no-pay deal.  :)   Looking forward to getting some more Orbx stuff soon.

Jeff

Archived