Add On Scenery Location

richjb

I am adding some new payware scenery from Scenery Builders to my P3Dv4.3 system.   I would like to know the proper location for the Scenery Builder or any third party add-on scenery in the P3D scenery library list.  Should the entry be above or below the FTX entries in the scenery library list? 

I have three Drzewieki Design addons that all located above any FTX entry.  The Scenery Builders are below the FTX entry.  The Scenery Builder HPN appears to be unaffected by placement; however, the PIH scenery is greatly affected.  When PIH is placed above the FTX entries, the scenery is much more robust with more buildings, roads, etc.   When moved lower, there is much less scenery when the PIH is activated, and even less when it is de-activated. 

I could not find any instructions in the FTX Central documentation outlining where the scenery should be placed.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Hi Rich

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Cheers

Doug

Archived