FTX AU AI Traffic Install - different folder

Is it possible to have the FTX AU AI Traffic installed in a directory other than ../Simobjects/Airplanes?  I have all my other AI Traffic installed in the E:/AI_Traffic folder. This helps because I use PSXseeconTraffic for real-time AI traffic. I'd like to have my FTX AU AI Traffic installed in the same folder E:/AI_Traffic.

Feel free to place the AI aircraft anywhere you wish. As long as you have updated the relevant config files to let FSX or P3D know where the AI aircraft are located all should be fine.

One point to note though. You will need to return these aircraft folders to the default SimObjects/Airplanes folder if you install an update to the Traffic pack sometime in the future. The AI aircraft folders are all prefixed with FTX in the title so moving them around should be relatively easy.

Thanks Graham. I am going to check the file sizes for the AI. I may just COPY the files to my AI_AIRCRAFT folder for the ones I need for my AI traffic in the US. I am mostly looking at the General Aviation aircraft.

Archived