Correct Order of Installation

LaGrangeAir

Over the years I have bought many ORBX products. I just recently flushed my desktop and reinstalled Windows 10 along with FSX. I have a long list of ORBX programs but which ones do I install first or will the FSX stack take care of hierarchy order? I am afraid that some of the ORBX software I purchased might "step on" other ORBX software. I had a few airports where the graphics were way out of wack. In one example, the runway of one airport was like dug out of the earth and 50 feet below the terrain. It was like taking off out of a canyon. Anyway, here is my list of products. If anyone can tell me an order or which ones might conflict, I would appreciate it.

FTXAUHOLGERMESH100_SP3
FTXGLOBAL_EU_AIRPORTS
FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS
FTXNAGAAITraffic100
FTXNAGAAITraffic110
FTXNAGAAITraffic120
FTXORBXLIBS_151001
FTXP3DUS7WA3100
FTXUS2S1_V110
OrbxFTNAPAKT100
OrbxFTXBOB110
OrbxFTXCEJ4200
OrbxFTXCEN4210
OrbxFTXDevilsTower100
OrbxFTXEDBH100
OrbxFTXEDCG100
OrbxFTXEDVR100
OrbxFTXENJA100
OrbxFTXEO49100
OrbxFTXGLightsConfigurator120
OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140
OrbxFTXGlobalVECTOR130
OrbxFTXKHQM110 - KHQM
OrbxFTXKPDXCITYSCAPE110
OrbxFTXNABlue
OrbxFTXNACYBD105
OrbxFTXNACZST120
OrbxFTXNAS45105
OrbxFTXopenLC_NA_Alaska_Canada100
OrbxFTXPNG_HOLGERMESH100
OrbxFTXTreesHD100
OrbxFTXYosemiteValley100
OrbxFTXYPLC150DUAL
OrbxFTXYRED300DUAL

Warm Regards

Dean

Hi Dean

FSX will not take care of the hierarchy order....but FTX Central v3 will and you can install in any order you wish, there is no conflicts. First you may need to read the below topic though.

Then after you have all your products installed, please apply the below process.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Archived