Quadrant controls

Krono

Hi

At the moment I am looking at new quadrant controls for fsx. I have been using two saitek quadrants for about 15 months but of late have found the outputs to be very spikey, I use FSCUIP for all programming with filtering on. It has gotten to the stage that trying to fly anything with finesse like the dodo or PMGs planes is almost impossible because you either have blown turbos in the 4100 or your throttle flicks up and down in the dodo. I have stripped and cleaned the levers with decent cleaning spray but Im afraid to say that once opened the quadrants show how cheaply made they really are. I have been reading about the GOFlight quadrant and wondering if anyone here uses them or any information they would like to suggest on a replacement brand of some type.

Ken

Spikeing usually indicates that the Pot is either failing or has dust in there effecting the resistance and thereby the acuracy. I thought the Saitek units were Hall effect but they might be pots in which case a small squirt of pot lubricant will most likely do the trick.

Hi Jasmckee

At the moment the quadrant seems fine (actually quite good) but I really think it might only be temporary. I have been reading a lot on the net about saitek quadrants spiking and there seems to be a lot of people out there with the same problems. I have only done one out of the the quads so I will be able to compare the two over the next couple of weeks. I will leave a comment here in a few weeks time to let you know how they are doing. By the way if you are going to clean yours don't take the actual separate lever apart. Simply spray each lever pot individually when you take them out of the main casing. The pots will rotate a full 360 degrees with no stops and are sods to get back to the correct position.  Luckily I only took 1 apart, the resistance setting of one 1 pot effects all 3 pots in the quadrant and that includes the detent switch position at the bottom.

Ken  :)

Hey guys,

I'm thinkin of building a small cockpit this year and one of the units I'm gonna overhaul is my throttle quadrant.

I been checking around and the people from Go Flight have a 4 head quadrant with reverse thrust that would emulate a good 747/737/767/Airbus.

Here's a url for you to have a look at it:

http://www.simpilot.com/servlet/the-31/GoFlight-TQ6-Throttle-Quadrant/Detail

Most of the reviews on this product are positive but I did notice one saying that it failed within a year and nothing further as to whether it was fixed or not.

Food for thought....

Frank

Hi Frank

The GoFlight quadrant is the unit I have been looking at as well. Reading there are a few things that I am not sure on.

1. Can you program them with FSCUIP or do you have to use their program

2. I have not been able to find anyone stocking them in Australia

3. You can get extra levers that click in so that you have a standard GA craft. I saw in on spot that they are now    included in the price but everywhere else they are an additional $60 American.

They seem to be a good setup but there dosnt seem to be a lot of recent information on them.

Ken

Hi bnepethomas

Nice of you to post letting me know about the controls,they look extremely well made. By looking at the site it looks as if you have to use their console as well. Do you have to use a propriety software of theirs or can you use fscuip, also can you use the quadrant without the console? 

Ken  :)

Not for me. I want something I can integrate into a console, either 4 or 2 engine.

The GF ones are the only quadrant I've seen that would fit my bill, but I'm not building for a month, so will see what turns up before then,

Frank

Hi Tennyson

I must agree that the GF quadrant is still at the top of the list. I start moving house next week so with the reconnection of broadband etc the computers going to be on the back burner for a while

Ken  ;D

Archived