Sabre at Tamworth

gibo

Hi,

This is an RAAF Section8 freeware Sabre. The background pilot and ATC chatter are used with permission from Fermin Fernandez from and old FS2002 ATC ADventure. Some of the ATC may not fit YSTW. The piolt calls were for a Dash 8 so I  chose only those suitable for a jet.

The I hope you enjoy. I love the Sabre. The sounds are great as well. Probably more so in the sim than this recording.

EDIT : For those of you who like the Sabre, here are a couple of other shorts that Imad with USAF versions

Cheers,

gibo

Thanks for the comments guys.

An idea for ORBX, just like the outside sounds at the airports, add some ATC chatter. It greatly adds to the experience. Try an experiment flight anywhere, (OZ of course for the accents) and in the backgroud play this video minimised

so that you can't see the video. This gives a more realistic experience. It would be good to be able to tune ground at say YSTW and tune Tower and ATIS which have prerecorded ATC. It might have to be done as a mission??

Several years ago I purchased for FS2000 "Flight Downunder" which had several airports, Tamworth was one, and you tuned the Frequencies and heard prerecorded radio chatter.

Just and idea.

Cheers,

Norm

Hi Gibo, great video. I too am a big fan of the F86 Sabre.

I am using a Kirk Olssen F86 with RAAF Balck Diamonds texture which I had to muck around to get the textures into the Kirk Olssen model. It uses F-16 Viper engines sounds.

I prefer to always use RAAF textures for airforce aircraft and Aussie textures for all others where possible; bitof a stretch most times.

I have been going on the Section 8 website but can't locate that Sabre nor one that is FSX compliant; I am probably ignorant of using FS9 aircraft in FSX?

Could you forward the website or point me in the right direction for this aircraft and are there other RAAF textures outthere?

Happy Noo Year Dan

Hi Gibo, great video. I too am a big fan of the F86 Sabre.

I am using a Kirk Olssen F86 with RAAF Balck Diamonds texture which I had to muck around to get the textures into the Kirk Olssen model. It uses F-16 Viper engines sounds.

I prefer to always use RAAF textures for airforce aircraft and Aussie textures for all others where possible; bitof a stretch most times.

I have been going on the Section 8 website but can't locate that Sabre nor one that is FSX compliant; I am probably ignorant of using FS9 aircraft in FSX?

Could you forward the website or point me in the right direction for this aircraft and are there other RAAF textures outthere?

Happy Noo Year Dan

Hi Dan,

This Sabre is a beauty. Apparently Section8 are going to do a CAC model soon.

From S8 website http://sectionf8.com/download.html d/l

1/ Base Pack

2/ SP1

3/ FSX interim fix

Install as directed.

For the Aussie paints at this stage d/l from http://www.gjsmith.net/Textures/f86-sf8.htm I don't think that these are authentic liveries, but they look great.

Once you put these textures into the right place copy the texture from texture.shared into each of the new aircraft texture folders. I got caught here and the textures didn't show.

Alos make sure that in the aircraft cfg file the correct texture name is given. From memeory I had to edit each to suit.

Try the base pack first and let me know if you get stuck.

Cheers,

Norm

Archived