YCUN / Runway Texture Issue

RallyFan

Hello Orbx  :)

I've noticed the runways at YCUN having 2 types of texture, a solid one in the centre, surrounded by a more worn-out one (see attached image).  I'm assuming its supposed to only show the worn-out version and not the solid one.

Not sure if this is something with the scenery or my setup, I am using REX 2.0 and have ticked their texture for runways, taxiways etc on the REX configuration menu, but I believe thats only supposed to apply to default airports and not addon sceneries like Orbx products.

I have also done a search on the Freeware Support Forum to no avail, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!  ;D

Regards

Jason

Posted Image

Hi Jason,

As far as I'm aware that's how YCUN is supposed to look, with an AFCAD runway on top of the PR, have a look in Google earth, its actually quite accurate.

but I think what's happened though, is you have chosen a darker runway type than normal in REX and it makes it stand out more, I would try experimenting with different types of runway, I.e maybe a lighter type

Some ORBX airfields have AFCAD runways (YCNK, YMLT, YPMQ and so-on) and others have GMAX poly runways, it just depends on the quality of imagery as to what type is used

Cheers

Tim

I don't see a problem in your screenshot. Here is the actual airport as per Google Earth. As Tim has suggested, the choice of a lighter texture for the main runway may be better however this airport does have a very wide hard edge down each side of both runways .

Posted Image

It appears to me that the original runways were quite wide but the newer runway surfaces have been made much narrower. You can still see some of the original line markings on the older surface. I tried to recreate that as best I could by placing a narrow AFCAD runway over the top of the wider photoreal runway.

Cool, thanks guys, appreciate the quick response.

Graham: When I first glanced at the picture that you posted I thought that was from a top-down screenshot of FSX, then I realised it was a grab from Google Earth, thats pretty cool  ;D

Cheers

Jason

Archived