CTD with KMRY (P3Dv4.2)

Hello

I purchased and installed KMRY for P3D yesterday but unfortunately when I launch the sim with KMRY selected as starting airport,

it loads up to 77% showing Loading auto-generated scenery... then the sim crashes to desktop without any error messages.
I have the Northern California installed, and my KSTS and KHAF also purchased yesterday loads without any problem.
The same KMRY CTD occurs when I launch the sim from KHAF then switch the location to KMRY from the MENU selection.

Always stuck at the same 77% mark.

When I launched the sim from KHAF then flew to KMRY instead of jumping to the airport, I was able to land and complete my
flight to KMRY. 

Any idea as to what I can do to fix this loading issue with KMRY?

Of note, I am testing this using the default Bonanza on P3D version 4.2

Thank you 

Hi Kay, thanks and no worries.  :)

Your scenery library order is not correct so please let's start with the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Hello Doug,

Ran the FTX Central 3 as you pointed (so I think) however the problem remains the same.
KSTS and KHAF are OK but when I move to KMRY or launch the sim from KMRY the same CTD.

Hmmm...

Attached is the scenery CFG after applying the FTX Central "entry point selection" under settings.

Kay

scenery.cfg

Hi Kay

I am currently on the road and not able to look at your scenery.cfg again, but another item to check is that you have no FS9 based addons or FS9 based AI aircraft installed, these are common causes of the type of crash in P3Dv4 you are describing.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Kay

Yes, an uninstall and reinstall sounds like a good plan. Also, maybe reinstall the Orbx Libs by going to your P3Dv4\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the corresponding .txt file, then reinstall the Libraries from FTXC3.

Doug

Did the uninstall and reinstall.

Previously after the install, I went to the control panel for KMRY within Central and selected some of the heavier features of FTX within KMRY
such as static airplanes, moving people etc. This time after the reinstall, I kept them on as default (even with the high resolution setting).

The airport scenery launched as it should! Thank you.

Now that I have it running properly (so as it seems), I will start to turn off or down some of the features within KMRY as they are
eating up my PC performance.

Of note, the little hill on the southside of the taxiway along the RWY28 end of it, the taxi lights float off ground while other taxi way lights are
properly placed on the ground. This is a different issue obviously.

So, it looks for now, things are OK after the reinstall.

Thank you

Kay

Archived