ORBX England out of memory error

Hi all at orbx, 

I have a problem with oom's when using orbx England with FSX steam in windows 10. I know about the 4 gb limit, Can I do anything about this.

1.  I have a good computer but I am using 3 screens dose this make a difference.

2.  With your suggested settings I fly from Southend airport and by the time I get to London I am out of oom's.

3. With low settings in FSX I can just get to Heathrow and then the dreaded oom's crash the sim.

4. I have only got Heathrow and trees in London ticked in FTX Central. I fly only fsx planes and have no other addons.

What a lovely product in all other ways a credit to your programmers I just wish I could use it for more than twenty minutes.

Thanks in anticipation Tony.  

Hi,

Are you using a third party Heathrow scenery?  If so, then the option in FTX Central should be unticked.  This will turn the ORBX EGLL off to ensure compatibility.  If it is ticked, then the ORBX EGLL will be active.  Is Southend an addon airport also?

When you say you only fly FSX planes, does that mean a default plane?  If so any particular one?

Using three screens will increase VAS usage, and the chance of an OOM.

They are a pain, but unfortunately OOMs are a fact when it comes to FSX and even 32 bit versions of P3D.  There are ways to work around them, but compromises must be made.

I would suggest trying your flight with a single screen, turn down any options for the arrival and departure airports, and disable any other 3rd party scenery you may fly over during the flight.  Scenery Config editor is a good program to be able to adjust your scenery.cfg file easily before a flight. Other settings such as AI traffic (road, boats and aircraft) will also affect your VAS usage.

I ask so many questions because I will try and replicate the flight myself and see what options can be changed to hopefully solve the problem.

Cheers,

Thank you Scott for getting back to me so quick.

The plane is the default mooney. with FSX settings to medium/high. No other addons at all only orbx England.

Three screens set to full hd 1920x1080.

Take off from Southend EGCM and fly west to Heathrow with flight flowing.

I will try one screen tomorrow and get back to you, Thanks Tony.

HI Tony,

Do you have any tweaks in your FSX.cfg file?  For example is your maximum LOD set to 4.5 or 6.5?  I know from experience that if it is set to 6.5 that will quickly cause an OOM in FSX.

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

I did a flight today with a single monitor from Southend to Heathrow, using the default Mooney, and had no troubles.  Of course everyone's PC and settings are different.  There are many factors such as graphics card settings and FSX settings.

If you would like to post some pics of the settings you are using I can try and narrow it down.  You should also test with a single monitor on your own system.

Cheers,

Hi Scott,

Today I also did a flight with one monitor, with no trouble at all with the ftx recommended settings. So it looks like I will have to only use a single monitor.

For your own reference  flying New Zealand south island with 3 monitors is just beautiful, no trouble at all Its so good I often want to put on my

seat belt !!

I will look at my FSX. cfg file and get back, but I think that is all we can do. May be the 3 screen issue should put it in the down load data section.  

Thanks Tony

Hi Tony,

I used to use 3 monitors in FSX too, so I know it's possible, as I barely suffered any OOMs, however I know the London area can lead to them, although I usually only had trouble when Aerosoft's Heathrow was added to the equation.  It has been a long time since I used 3 monitors.

I would suggest just trying some settings out.  Start off very low and if there are no issues slowly add back features.  You will probably need to adjust fsx and graphics card settings.

Cheers,

Archived