Pula again

maxhades

A long time ago i post a problem in FSX with the airport and runway/taxiway because of haze/fog effect. Now the problem is not solved yet for FSX users. The problem occurs because the runway and taxiway was made as an "object"and not ground polys which is necessary for FSX. The modern way to build scenerys because of P3D. Thats why it works in P3D and Fsx DX10. But the scenery is being offered for FSX too! The first orbx airport i am not happy with it. Please do not sell scenerys which are not compatible to FSX.

Thank you

Max

Hello,

here is your original topic.

I see the problem in misty weather but not the flickering.

Perhaps the developer will comment for you, I have sent him a message.

If you can run FSX in the Direct X 10 mode, can you not use this to solve the problem in the meantime? 

Yep right! Thanks.

But now i have found out by help from a airport designer such modern designed airports works in fsx but is not compatible because of the way how it was designed. Made with objects and not with polys. Looks terrible in fsx. You can see it on my pics in the older post.

Max

On 5/27/2018 at 3:14 PM, maxhades said:

A long time ago i post a problem in FSX with the airport and runway/taxiway because of haze/fog effect. Now the problem is not solved yet for FSX users. The problem occurs because the runway and taxiway was made as an "object"and not ground polys which is necessary for FSX. The modern way to build scenerys because of P3D. Thats why it works in P3D and Fsx DX10. But the scenery is being offered for FSX too! The first orbx airport i am not happy with it. Please do not sell scenerys which are not compatible to FSX.

Thank you

Max

Hi Max!
The ground layers on LDPL were made as a ground poly and the problem is probably caused by the code itself. I'll try some alternative solutions in following months. I hope I'll find some magic formula for the texture load and some reported flickering which, to be honest, I didn't see for myself. Just let me explore...

Archived