Orbx Vector: space needed

dredd66

Hello, 

I need a help.

I already prurchased my Orbx Global and LC Europe. I am very happy and I like that products so much. Really a great job!

Today I purchased Global Vector. 

Since I have both simulators FSX SE and P3D v3, my first choice was to install Vectors on FSX. I downloaded it via FTX but installation could not perform because it needed more space on FSX drive. 

Ok, I have at least 12 Gb of free space (i know it’s not so much) on that drive: how much space is needed?

Before I proceed to install on P3D, same question: how much space for p3d version of Vector?

thanx

Hi, welcome to the forums

Vector installed is 13.3GB, but you will need up to 3X that amount of space for the initial install....it is the same for P3D.

Orbx products are downloaded and unzipped to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder and sometimes need up to 3x their install size before they get installed to the simulator location, then after the install is complete they are removed from your C:\ drive. You can move the temp folder to a drive with more space as per the below link, or free up more space on C:\.. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818?auth=1

Cheers

Doug

Uh!! Thanks for this precious tip!!

I have to check my C: drive (i don’t rember tge free space by heart) and tomorrow I’ going to a second attempt!

Fir sure I have to free some space in FSX SSD (12 Giga only at the moment)... much more for the P3D SSD!

Ok!!! 

Finally i’ve installed in FSX (few space in SSD but it works!!)

I’ve installed it also in P3D but now my sim shows me un error popup and it crashes to desktop!

I previously uninstalled UTX Europe (that I used for vectors) and P3D told me that some UT areas did not exist anymore, advising me to unload them.

After that, the error message and I couldn’t start P3D anymore...

A global uninstall and reinstall is coming into my life :)

Sorry for my uncorrect English (I’m Italian)

ciao

oliviero

Hi Oliviero

For your P3D, I would delete the entire C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3D v3 folder, then restart P3D and it will build a new complete folder, then run FTXC3 and let it activate for a few moments, then if you have any other non Orbx addons, you will need to reinstall them.

Then follow the below process for both your FSX and P3D.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

2 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi 

What is the error? Can you post a log or screenshot please so we have a clue.

I can only see a pop up saying that Prepar3D stopped working and Windows is trying to send something to solve that problem.

How can I record a log?

Just in case, I can write to Lockheed Martin forum too... 

Archived