NZ/AU AI Traffic P3D v4 - Steep or flat approach / hard landing

Hi all,

I have noticed, particularly in AU that some of the aircraft will exhibit odd behaviours. I think most AI traffic I've ever seen will do a navy-style constant rate of descent right down to the runway and just smash it on, but I've found with a lot of the AU traffic, aircraft will either come in impossibly high/steep, or will drag in for the last few miles at 100ft or so.

I was also amused to watch an A330 do a missed approach at YBCS last night. Crossing the 15 threshold it executed the go around and immediately started a climbing right turn directly for the high ground adjacent to the airport. It cleared the top of the hill by about 50ft!

I'm curious as to whether users can edit any variables to try and correct this. If so, could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

AI is controlled by the AI engine within each sim and hasn't been changed essentially since FS9. The AI also doesn't know anything about terrain clearance or anything like that. The steep approaches you see are mainly seen within the first 20-30 minutes of loading a flight as the aircraft spawn at either their cruise alt or an intermediate alt.

Your best option is to wait after loading and give the sim and it's AI time to settle down as also in that first 30 minutes or so you will usually get a large flush of arrivals/departures as everything is spawning in close.

Archived