YSCB Canberra runway lights too dim

tonytom24

I am running FSX steam with AU Australia and Global and have found that the runway lights are very small and dull and cannot be seen from the air even when down to the 250 ft mark. Running simulator in DX10. Be glad of any help as this airport has some nice challenges at night. System is Intel i5 8080 and graphics Nvidea 1060.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

There are some adjustments you can make to your sim to increase the intensity of airport lighting.

If you use REX, lights can be adjusted via that program.

If not, there are some FSX.cfg entries which can be adjusted (or added if you don't have them).

Note:  backup any files before adjusting or replacing.

[DISPLAY]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.9 //Runway Lights

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.9 // VASI Lights

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.9 // Approach Bars

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.9 // Strobes

There are also tools or replacement files available which may help.

airportlightenvlite.zip

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=airportlightenv&CatID=root&Go=Search

fsx_lights.zip

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=fsx_lights.zip&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply Scott.

Added Your suggestion to my cfg file and took a look at the others and although I am now able to adjust the runway lights globally which is great

it didn't solve the ORBX YSCB runway. The runway has an isolated problem of just having pinhead runway lights that are only just visible at runway level.

All other airport lighting is OK.

Still looking for a solution to this particular Runway

regards

Tony

My runway lights seem to work pretty well at YSCB.  They are visible and fairly bright from quite a distance, and then get duller as you approach, which is the standard for FSX/P3D lighting.  I could not say if it is the standard for real world lighting, but most runway lighting seems to work like this in the sims.

Could you post a few screenshots which illustrate your particular problem?

Cheers,

Hopefully I got 2 images to load one is on finals and the other just landed. Some extra information that may help is I used REX runway lights to their brightest setting. Also

using DX10  and DX10 fixer to help with some of the other graphics. This one has definitely got me beat as the lights don't change regardless of changes in any other settings.

cheers,

Final into YSCB.jpg

Landed YSCB.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived