Raising it's ugly head again

JimNZ

Hello All.

I apologise for asking this call for help as if my memory serves me right it happened to me once before some years ago.  I have done all my homework but cannot find any reference to it in the support/search area.

I am using FSX-SE and have since it was offered for sale as it was better for me to have any downloads done by them for personal reasons.

I flew FSX just 2 days ago without any problem.  In between then and now, all I have done was to update my driver when invited to yesterday by N'Video and download/installed a sale Airport.

I have tried it on AFS2 and it still works perfectly.  A general run around all installed software on the computer revealed no trouble.

The problem:  It was loaded from Steam as usual.  It loaded as usual but I notice it did not give me yes/no option for loading FSUIPC, something it always invites me to do.  I have Plan-G installed but don't use it  So, apart from that, it loaded correctly.  Instead of going into the Sim, I hear the sound of a wheel hitting tarmac but no picture.  It stays in the Steam opening screen.

I require help as I need my daily intake of flying.

Thanks,

Jim.

Steam client is constinuously updating for itself. So even if you launch a game with the direct link , you have to wait for the end of the check. That's often annoying not only for FSX SE. You only have to be patient when using Steams apps or switch to P3D

Bang on Richard, thanks for the above, yet another great piece of advice to store away in my notebook which I keep.  It's extremely helpful as when you get top advice from the likes of yourself, Nick and Doug you don't like to see it wasted.  So for me I have it forever.

Thanks, again,

Richard.

Regards,Jim.

Archived